Should I get a Swiss Pass at Geneva Airport Friday

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2010 at 8:45:39 #803882

Hello, everyone. It’s so excited to get into this forum 4 days before trip to beautiful Switzerland. I have reviewed those older posts and found people here (Annika, Arno, etc.) are so helpful. 😉

I am still struggling on the transportation problems. Should I get a Swiss Pass at the very beginning of the trip?

[u]My schedule:[/u]
    1) 2nd July Friday Night, fly from Brussels to [u]Geneva airport[/u] at 22:30pm, then have to rush to [u]Bern[/u] immediately to meet my friend there, living in a hotel (already booked) around Waldhöheweg, Bern
    Can I get a Swiss Pass at Airport at mid-night of Friday?

2) 3rd July Sat., from [u]Bern[/u] to [u]Interlaken[/u], living in Sundlauenen.
    3) 4th July Sun. travel around, living in the same hotel. We will go up to the mountain to view the beautiful scenery for sure.
    4) 5th July Monday, I have to go from [u]Interlaken[/u] back to [u]Geneva Airport[/u] before 18pm.

Should / Can I buy a Swiss Pass at Geneva Airport on Friday mid-night?

By the way, I don’t really have detail plans for the three days. If any suggestion for the short tour, I will appreciate very much.

Hope everybody enjoy a great trip there!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    29 June 2010 at 5:00:26 #831463

You can check your (train) connection from Geneva airport to Berne here

At this short notice there seems to be no time to buy a pass online in advance. Please check this here

Opening times of services at this railway station can be found on mentioned link.

So I don’t think you can purchase any pass at that time of the day/night.
    I guess you have to buy a regular ticket to Berne at a ticket machine (accepting Swiss Francs, Euros and credit cards).

Buying any pass can be done later at any larger SBB railway station during opening hours.

To give you an idea of some prices:
    Geneva – Berne
    Single ticket CHF 51

Berne – Interlaken Ost
    Single ticket CHF 26

Interlaken Ost – Geneva Airport
    Single ticket CHF 67

It’s difficult to give you other prices if you are not sure yet what your plans are during these three days. I refer to the Railway Faq
    and the online travel planner so that you can see the prices yourself.

You will find ideas for day trips on this page or tips for hiking trips here

The price of a Swiss Pass is CHF 260, for four days, second class.
    As you may have to buy a regular ticket from Geneva airport to Berne and as you are not sure yet which trips you are going to make during your stay the Swiss Pass is probably not the most economical choice.

I suggest that you consider buying a Swiss Half Fare Card
    The price of this Swiss Half Fare Card is CHF 99, also second class.

Both Swiss Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card will give you discounts (with the Swiss Pass you can travel for free in almost every sort of public transportation – train, boat, bus).
    Since you have no specific plans yet, I think it’s better you overview the possibilities on the links given.

I hope this will help you and I wish you a very pleasant time there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2010 at 16:31:32 #831464

It helps a lot. I have some ideas now. Thank you for the detailed information.

• The thread ‘Should I get a Swiss Pass at Geneva Airport Friday’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.