Swiss Travel Pass for Bern, Lucerne & Engelberg?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2019 at 9:07:23 #824194

I will be in Switzerland for 5 days. I will be arriving in Geneva on the 24th of October and will

be going to Bern on the 25th of Oct. I am planning to get the 3 day consecutive travel pass as I will be heading to Lucerne from Bern on the 26th and will be going to Engelberg for the day.

Does the Swiss travel pass cover trains from Berne to Lucerne and from Lucern to Engelberg? If so, can I book it from trainline.eu?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 October 2019 at 10:00:27 #923660

Hi Ethan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! No problem, all of that is covered, and a lot more as well. Please see the map: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Trainline.eu does not sell Swiss Travel Passes. Please buy from one of the retailers listed on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2019 at 10:04:38 #923661

Hi Arnon,

Thanks for your reply! If I have the travel pass and I plan to take a train to Lucerne from Bern, how do I reserve the seats? Can I do it from Happyrail, because I don’t see any travel pass option which makes it free when I select a time.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 October 2019 at 10:10:43 #923662

Hi Ethan,

You don’t need to reserve seats. Simply board the train, enjoy the ride, and show the Swiss Travel Pass when requested:

pvonk
    Participant
    385 posts
    14 October 2019 at 16:42:31 #923663

To add to Arno’s post, be sure to have your passport at hand. On my Swiss trip last month, I was twice asked for my passport when I was presenting my STP to the conductor.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for Bern, Lucerne & Engelberg?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.