Show dairy & Kambly factory en route to Lucerne

• BRETT
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 May 2019 at 10:47:18 #821539

I am very appreciative of all the information that I have received on this forum. Thank you for adding to our September trip plans. My husband and myself, plan to spend 4 of our 10 days in Switzerland staying in Interlaken as a base and then to Lucerne for 4 days as a base. One of our days from Lucerne we would like to visit the showdairy in Affoltern im Emmental. The thought is to get up early, travel to Bern and spend a few hours, then to Affoltern and possibly lunch there. I believe I need to take a train and then a bus to get to Affoltern .My question is can we then take the train around 2 and get to The Kambly factory , spend a bit of time there and then train back to Lucerne. I have been trying to find a way to visit Kambly and Affoltern in the same day but haven’t been able to figure it out. Perhaps it is not feasible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

i

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2019 at 18:15:58 #911990

Hi Brett

Great to hear you’ve found the forum helpful!

I have not done that particular trip but if you input the locations into the advanced timetable, it will plan to the minute where you need to be when and all train/bus connections: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

You can use “via” the second destination to make sure you are going to all places. You can add several points en route and you can play around with the order you do things.

You may also want to search the forum using the top right hand side box as there are a few people who have done this trip already, for example there is a thread here http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/9-nights-lucerne-grindelwald-zurich-mid-may-1

More info on culinary tours: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/culinarytours

Hope this helps and maybe others have first hand experience.

Maria.

BRETT
    Participant
    6 posts
    11 May 2019 at 9:52:10 #911991

Thank you Maria for all your information and the idea of searching the forum. I had not thought of that. I am enjoying the planning of our trip but find that I do need to dedicate more time to the “getting there” in some segments. Thanks again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2019 at 14:37:18 #911992

Great, good luck with the planning!

Just let us know if you have more questions once you have a more detailed view of what you’d like to do!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Show dairy & Kambly factory en route to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.