Where to ski in Switzerland in late December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2018 at 23:28:50 #819127

Hello

I am planing to visit Switzerland between the 22nd and 30th of december and I hope to ski in that period.

My question: Is it possible to ski between 22nd and 30th? If yes, where would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2018 at 9:18:13 #900095

Hi Hiker007 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A lot of options in Switzerland for skiing. Have you booked accommodation somewhere and are looking at a particular town or region? Have a read through these links for some help and let us know more details on your trip.

For me, a truly Swiss experience is skiing near the Matterhorn at Zermatt: http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 December 2018 at 10:19:35 #900096

Hi Hiker007,

I’d recommend to book accommodation as soon as possible. The week between Christmas and New Year is the most popular time of the year. Many hotels might be booked out already, and/or require a minimum stay of a couple of nights or even a week. For suggestions, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2018 at 0:52:06 #900097

Hugely dependant on weather patterns. December is quite ‘early’ in the snow season these days. Always worth heading to the higher altitude resorts. Zermatt is my place of choice

• The thread ‘Where to ski in Switzerland in late December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.