Snow in Switzerland in October for kids (non-ski)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 7:28:26 #815979

Hi,

We are planning to stop by Switzerland for 4 nights with my 3 children, age 12, 6 and 4. We will fly in to Zurich on 29 Oct 2018. We hope to bring the kids for a day trip to experience snow and family activities like sledding. Where will you recommend? Is it easier to access if we stay in Interlaken? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 8:59:28 #885227

Hi Jerineo, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

My suggestion would be to go to Mt. Titlis. I would then stay in Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 1:39:04 #885228

Thank you very much for the advise! I checked the Titlis webpage and found that Snow tubing in Trübsee is only open in Dec to Mar and titlis Glacier Park is open from May to July. Where else can the kids play snow in end Oct? Will there be snow at Trübsee station if we don’t go all the way up to Titlis as I don’t feel very safe with the kids to take the ice lift and cliff walk.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 2:00:56 #885229

Hi Jerineo,

Everything on Titlis would be quite safe I assure you! But if heights etc is a worry the only other mountain that will have some snow in October would be Jungfraujoch – a fair trip from Lucerne.

The timetable will help you work out the trip schedules between towns and mountains.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 May 2018 at 6:59:16 #885230

There could be snow at Trübsee but don’t count on it in October. I’d definitely include one of the peaks discussed above.

• The thread ‘Snow in Switzerland in October for kids (non-ski)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.