St Beatus caves combination ticket on BLS site

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2019 at 11:10:24 #820929

Hi, BLS advertises a combination ticket for the return boat trip from Interlaken West plus entry to the caves for CHF 38, but I cannot see any way of pre-booking it even though there is a shop on the website. Can anyone please advise?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2019 at 12:37:16 #909134

Hi Stocklord

We already answered your question in detail a couple of weeks ago: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/interlaken-ost-to-st-beatus-caves-by-boat

Duplicate posts are not allowed according to forum rules: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules

As advised it is probably best for you to buy it in Lucerne upon arrival – otherwise you might be better off contacting the SBB directly over the phone.

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2019 at 13:21:11 #909135

Hi Maria

Apologies but in my previous post I couldn’t pre-book because it was too far in advance, so I have now tried again with SBB but can only book the boat ticket and not entry to the caves. The BLS combination is cheaper, but there is no way of booking it online even though there is an online ticket shop on the BLS site where the offer is advertised.

Thanks, Sam.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2019 at 6:08:04 #909136

Hi Sam, ok I see, thanks for clarifying.

I assume you are looking on here: http://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/u nterwegs-mit/schiff/kombiticket -beatushoehlen. Is that right?

The answer is still to buy locally because it’s a BLS offer, and their site says (not very clearly though) it’s only available from them so at the dock or on board.

” The combined ticket is available from Thun, Spiez and Interlaken West onwards. Offer only available from BLS Navigation, and only valid on the date of issue.”

You could also contact them directly, there are contact details at the bottom of the page. I guess in this case SBB won’t help as they don’t sell this combination ticket.

Hope this now resolves your query 🙂

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2019 at 8:03:53 #909137

Yes, thanks Maria.

I contacted them directly and can purchase on the boat.

• The thread ‘St Beatus caves combination ticket on BLS site’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.