Hotel near the St Gallen Christmas market

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Fritzrab
Fritzrab
33 posts
Nov 4, 2017 - 6:49 PM

We have decided we would like to visit the St Gallen Christmas market in early December. Can anyone please provide me with the exact address for the St. Gallen Christmas market. I am trying to find a hotel near by. Some sites say it is at the St Gallen markplatz and others say Klosterplatz. Thank you

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Nov 5, 2017 - 12:52 AM in reply to Fritzrab

Actually there are two Christmas markets. The main one runs from 30 November until 23 December, and is located at the Marktplatz.

The second one (called the Christkindlimarkt) just runs on Sat 2 December and Sat 9 December at the Gallusplatz, which is adjacent to the Kloster.

Alpenrose

Rajdipk
Rajdipk
1 post
Nov 5, 2017 - 11:27 AM

All the best! We also thinking to take a trip there.

Fritzrab
Fritzrab
33 posts
Nov 5, 2017 - 3:20 PM in reply to Removed user

Ah, that explains it. Thank you so much. St Gallen is having a big convention for our dates (Dec 4-6) so rooms are turning out to be difficult to find, but I will persevere:)

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Nov 6, 2017 - 12:48 AM in reply to Fritzrab

>> St Gallen is having a big convention for our dates (Dec 4-6) so rooms are turning out to be difficult to find, but I will persevere:)

You wouldn't necessarily have to stay in St Gallen. St Gallen is well-connected by train to Zürich (for example) until close to midnight - and the Christmas Market closes between 6pm and 9pm, depending on the day.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Nov 6, 2017 - 9:42 AM by Lucas
Arno
Arno
11361 posts
expert &
Nov 6, 2017 - 7:35 PM

Hi Fritzrab,

Indeed most hotels are booked out, but I found two options:

Enjoy your stay!

Fritzrab
Fritzrab
33 posts
Nov 6, 2017 - 7:37 PM

You are kind, Arno, to search for me. I think I've found one in town and am just waiting for confirmation.

Arno
Arno
11361 posts
expert &
Nov 6, 2017 - 9:14 PM

Great, I hope it works out for you!

Fritzrab
Fritzrab
33 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 3:11 PM in reply to Arno

Yes, it was confirmed today.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018