A few days St. Moritz late September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2016 at 16:55:57 #810029

Hi,

1. im staying at st. moritz for 4D3N and we haven’t planned in detail but intend to visit the muottas muragl for sunset and lake Silvaplana-lake st. moritz. What is the general weather like between 25 sep 2016 – 28 sep 2016?

2. we kept 1 day just for ski-like activities. I have a 5yr old and we have no prior experience in skiing. We want to go sledding. where is good? How should we prepare ourselves for this? Do we need to bring our own snow boots? What is the youngest age allowed for these activities?

3. i saw the Bernina express and wanted to go Tirano and back in 1 day but it is anything different from the glacier express? Also for children below 6yrs old if I still wanted a seat in berninan express, it said for me to purchase a half fare ticket. Can i instead get a family card for below 6yr olds as well so that don’t need any half fare ticket? (See attachment)

4. is there anything else I should see or do in st. moritz?

appreciate your help loads…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 September 2016 at 17:19:01 #855693

Hi msrajey,

1. The evenings will be cool, but the days can be very nice and sunny, not too hot. Of course it can rain as well, you will have to check the forecast two days ahead of time.

2. Ski season won’t start until mid December. Beginners can best start with a week of lessons.

3. Yes, these routes are very different. You can compare them here:

Children below 6 years old travel for free. You do not need a ticket, just a seat reservation. Or you can take one of the regular trains without a reservation. I can’t see your attachment due to a technical error. Can you rename the file to a more specific name and attach it again?

4. Please see the “What to do” tab on the St. Moritz page.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2016 at 16:08:09 #855694

Hi thanks for the info!

could I check is there anywhere I can rent a portable wifi hotspot with data sim from Zurich airport and then return it at Geneva airport ?

how much would all these rental and data sim cost and which is a good data sim to purchase for our 8 days trip? Appreciate your help on this a lot as I’m quite unsure if to rent from singapore airport or to get the data sim from Zurich.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 September 2016 at 16:35:23 #855695

You’ll find all details on myswissalps.com/ simcard.

• The thread ‘A few days St. Moritz late September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.