Staying at Interlaken or Innertkirchen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
KushalDave
KushalDave
10 posts
Apr 2, 2016 - 6:34 AM

Hi,

I am considering stay in Interlaken or InnertKirchen on 15th July to 17th July. The reason I went for Innertkirchen is that it is budget, plus we are a family of 8 people, so having a AirBnB apartment is better than a hostel. In interlaken alplodge hostel is the other alternative I am looking at, which is slightly more expensive but easily reachable.

However, Innertkirchen is around 30 mins from Interlaken and I would be spending more to reach to the hostel and come to any attractions so it may not turn that inexpensive.

Is Staying in Innertkirchen a good idea, considering I would visit Jungfraujoch and some of the falls in Lauterburnnen?

Here is the AirBnB link: www.airbnb.co.in/rooms /11139412?checkin=15-04-2016&checkout=17-04-2016&guests=8&s=ztPktF bw

and teh alplodge hostel link: (Dorm) www.hostelbookers.com/ property/52375/arr/201 6-07-15/ngt/2/ppl/8/?sc_pos=2

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6879 posts
expert
Apr 2, 2016 - 5:30 PM in reply to KushalDave

Hi KushalDave.

You are asking for judgements on a very subjective issue based on qualitative information.

Only you can decide which option is better.

Personally, when I travel all the way to Switzerland, wan to maximize my time spent sightseeing, even it it cost a bit more to stay closer to my destination. However, if the cost difference becomes large, then the decision becomes difficult

In your circumstances, I would at least check on towns in the valley, as well as those you mention.

www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/budget

You are in the midst of the scenery, and that has got to be worth something.

Attached are two images- one from Wengen, one up above, 15 minutes from Wengen

Slowpoke

Last modified on Apr 2, 2016 - 5:33 PM by Slowpoke
Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
14103 posts
expert &
Apr 3, 2016 - 7:29 AM in reply to KushalDave

Personally I wouldn't want to spend an additional hour of traveling every day. But as Slowpoke says, it's a personal decision. It might be worth it if you save a lot. Interlaken is less picturesque but a lot closer to the places you want to visits. There are affordable hostels there as well. Please see myswissalps.com/interl aken/hotels for a few suggested hotels in all price ranges.

Last modified on Apr 3, 2016 - 7:30 AM by Arno

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019