Staying at Interlaken or Innertkirchen?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 April 2016 at 17:30:49 #850212

Hi KushalDave.

You are asking for judgements on a very subjective issue based on qualitative information.

Only you can decide which option is better.

Personally, when I travel all the way to Switzerland, wan to maximize my time spent sightseeing, even it it cost a bit more to stay closer to my destination. However, if the cost difference becomes large, then the decision becomes difficult

In your circumstances, I would at least check on towns in the valley, as well as those you mention.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/budget

You are in the midst of the scenery, and that has got to be worth something.

Attached are two images- one from Wengen, one up above, 15 minutes from Wengen

Slowpoke

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 April 2016 at 7:29:37 #850213

Personally I wouldn’t want to spend an additional hour of traveling every day. But as Slowpoke says, it’s a personal decision. It might be worth it if you save a lot. Interlaken is less picturesque but a lot closer to the places you want to visits. There are affordable hostels there as well. Please see myswissalps.com/interl aken/hotels for a few suggested hotels in all price ranges.

• The thread ‘Staying at Interlaken or Innertkirchen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.