Stops along on the Bernina Express train

Stops along on the Bernina Express train

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Ifoubert
Ifoubert
11 posts
Nov 5, 2017 - 5:35 PM

We are planning on taking the Bernina Express between Christmas and New Year. ON the Bernina Express website I sometimes read alighting stopp. What does this mean? Somewhere I also read that the train stops in Alp Grum for 10 min to take pictures. Is it advisable to stop somewhere and take the next regional train?

rockoyster
rockoyster
1048 posts
top member
Nov 5, 2017 - 9:56 PM in reply to Ifoubert

“Alighting stop” means you can get off and break your journey there. You will note that alighting stops in one direction are often boarding stops in the other direction.

Not sure of the purpose of your other question given you have already outlined your travel plan in www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/hike-morteratsch-glacier-december-in-combo-bernin

Ifoubert
Ifoubert
11 posts
Nov 6, 2017 - 8:30 AM

Travel plans are not sure yet, so if you have better suggestions, I would be happy to receive them. What about the stop in Alp Grum?

rockoyster
rockoyster
1048 posts
top member
Nov 6, 2017 - 8:56 AM in reply to Ifoubert

The 15-20 mins stop in Alp Grüm just happens. The photo opportunity is part of the Bernina Express experience.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017