Stops along on the Bernina Express train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2017 at 17:35:37 #813618

We are planning on taking the Bernina Express between Christmas and New Year. ON the Bernina Express website I sometimes read alighting stopp. What does this mean? Somewhere I also read that the train stops in Alp Grum for 10 min to take pictures. Is it advisable to stop somewhere and take the next regional train?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 November 2017 at 21:56:32 #871578

“Alighting stop” means you can get off and break your journey there. You will note that alighting stops in one direction are often boarding stops in the other direction.

Not sure of the purpose of your other question given you have already outlined your travel plan in http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/hike-morteratsch-glacier-december-in-combo-bernin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2017 at 8:30:53 #871579

Travel plans are not sure yet, so if you have better suggestions, I would be happy to receive them. What about the stop in Alp Grum?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 November 2017 at 8:56:51 #871580

The 15-20 mins stop in Alp Grüm just happens. The photo opportunity is part of the Bernina Express experience.

• The thread ‘Stops along on the Bernina Express train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.