Swiss Travel Pass different sites costs different?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 8:35:07 #816457

Hi, We will be in Switzerland with 4yr old in month of september and plan to buy 4 day consecutive stp. Will they charge for 4 yr old kid . If I purchase STP for 4 consecutive days from happyrail.com, it costs us 444 CHF , but MT. Titlis dicsountis not mentioned. If we buy STP from stc .com, it costs 540 CHF and it shows validity Mt. Titlis. We are going to visit Mt. Titlis, Zurich , Rhine Falls and Lucerne lake boating. Keeping all this mind , can you please from where I should purchase the STP which is reasonable also.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 June 2018 at 8:47:50 #887454

Hi Minal,

All the websites listed on http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price are credible websites that we trust. They all offer the same Swiss Travel Pass, with the same discounts (including Titlis), whether they specifically mention that on their website or not. All discounts listed here and on the map are included, regardless of where you buy your pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. Pass prices of the various retailers may vary a bit but not as much as in your example. I have not heard of the second website you mentioned, so I can’t say whether or not it is legitimate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 11:11:51 #887455

Hi Minal,

And your 4 year old needs no rail ticket or rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 14:13:26 #887456

shop.switzerlandtravel centre.com/?currenc y=CHF#/en/home Is link of second site and it is listed in link that you have provided

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 June 2018 at 14:26:19 #887457

Ah yes, I didn’t know you meant that site. Yes, that website is the SBB web shop and it is perfectly fine as well. It charges CHF 270 for a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass (consecutive) 2nd class, and Happyrail charges CHF 268.

You mentioned very different prices. Are you using a different currency?

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass different sites costs different?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.