Swiss Travel Pass different sites costs different?

Swiss Travel Pass different sites costs different?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Minal
Minal
22 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 8:35 AM

Hi, We will be in Switzerland with 4yr old in month of september and plan to buy 4 day consecutive stp. Will they charge for 4 yr old kid . If I purchase STP for 4 consecutive days from happyrail.com, it costs us 444 CHF , but MT. Titlis dicsountis not mentioned. If we buy STP from stc .com, it costs 540 CHF and it shows validity Mt. Titlis. We are going to visit Mt. Titlis, Zurich , Rhine Falls and Lucerne lake boating. Keeping all this mind , can you please from where I should purchase the STP which is reasonable also.

Arno
Arno
10532 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2018 - 8:47 AM

Hi Minal,

All the websites listed on www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price are credible websites that we trust. They all offer the same Swiss Travel Pass, with the same discounts (including Titlis), whether they specifically mention that on their website or not. All discounts listed here and on the map are included, regardless of where you buy your pass: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. Pass prices of the various retailers may vary a bit but not as much as in your example. I have not heard of the second website you mentioned, so I can't say whether or not it is legitimate.

Last modified on Jun 5, 2018 - 8:54 AM by Arno
Lucas
Lucas
6371 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2018 - 11:11 AM in reply to Minal

Hi Minal,

And your 4 year old needs no rail ticket or rail pass.

Minal
Minal
22 posts
Jun 5, 2018 - 2:13 PM in reply to Arno

shop.switzerlandtravel centre.com/?currenc y=CHF#/en/home Is link of second site and it is listed in link that you have provided

Arno
Arno
10532 posts
expert &
Jun 5, 2018 - 2:26 PM in reply to Minal

Ah yes, I didn't know you meant that site. Yes, that website is the SBB web shop and it is perfectly fine as well. It charges CHF 270 for a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass (consecutive) 2nd class, and Happyrail charges CHF 268.

You mentioned very different prices. Are you using a different currency?

Last modified on Jun 5, 2018 - 2:26 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018