Suggestions on best location in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 21:13:20 #816585

Hi, I am reaching Zurich on 24th August and returning on 29th from same airport. At present, I have blocked first 3 nights at Zurich and last 2 night stay at Interlaken. Is it ok considering I plan to visit Bern, Lucerne , Jungfrau region? I am also excited to travel Glacier express. Of course my wife is accompanying me. And last query, whether 4 day STP will be fine? Thanks you all, Regards Sanjay from London

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 5:43:05 #888066

Hi Sanjay and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you want to spend your 5 days exploring Bern, Lucerne and the Jungfrau region then Zurich doesn’t make any sense. Why not stay in Lucerne for 2 or 3 nights and then Interlaken (or a nearby town like Wengen, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen) instead?

That would make your travel days much easier. You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out trips between towns and mountains: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

The rail pass will depend on your plans. You’ve got 6 days in Switzerland and that makes me think an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass is a better option: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass

To know which rail pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 6:14:09 #888067

Thank you very much Lucas. I will follow your suggestions. Thanks again

• The thread ‘Suggestions on best location in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.