Suggestions on best location in Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 11, 2018 - 9:13 PM

Hi, I am reaching Zurich on 24th August and returning on 29th from same airport. At present, I have blocked first 3 nights at Zurich and last 2 night stay at Interlaken. Is it ok considering I plan to visit Bern, Lucerne , Jungfrau region? I am also excited to travel Glacier express. Of course my wife is accompanying me. And last query, whether 4 day STP will be fine? Thanks you all, Regards Sanjay from London

Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 5:43 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi Sanjay and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you want to spend your 5 days exploring Bern, Lucerne and the Jungfrau region then Zurich doesn't make any sense. Why not stay in Lucerne for 2 or 3 nights and then Interlaken (or a nearby town like Wengen, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen) instead?

That would make your travel days much easier. You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out trips between towns and mountains: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

The rail pass will depend on your plans. You've got 6 days in Switzerland and that makes me think an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass is a better option: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass

To know which rail pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. :)

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 12, 2018 - 6:14 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you very much Lucas. I will follow your suggestions. Thanks again

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018