Summer discounts of up to € 60 on rail passes

Summer discounts of up to € 60 on rail passes

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AbhisekLinu
AbhisekLinu
6 posts
Aug 12, 2015 - 3:19 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Do you mean a 4 days travel pass anyone of them are equal?

www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-pass (158 Pounds)

equals to

www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/en/node/66 (163 pounds)

I also want to know if the glacier express is covered with these passes or i need to buy separate tickets? I understand sit reservation is a separate booking as well. Am i right?

Arno
Arno
11133 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2015 - 4:45 PM in reply to AbhisekLinu

Hi AbhisekLinu,

Yes, they all sell the same pass. Choosing the retailer you prefer is just a matter of price, which shipping method they offer, etc. The prices you found are not correct though:

You don't need tickets for the Glacier Express as it's covered by the pass. You do indeed need seat reservations.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:14 PM by Arno
AbhisekLinu
AbhisekLinu
6 posts
Aug 12, 2015 - 8:46 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

You are right about the prices. The raileuro charge 220 with delivery which is still cheap by 15 pound if i were to convert and buy the ticket at local station.

But i wanted to know in the raileuro pass there is no option for activation date. Is that okay to buy like that and later activate before travelling? I am also thinking of going to interlaken on the same night i reach on 27th August. Can i use the same pass till 31st then?

Thank you again for you valuable suggestions.

Arno
Arno
11133 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2015 - 7:52 AM in reply to AbhisekLinu

Hi AbhisekLinu,

You don't have to choose your date when you buy it. You can activate the pass within 6 months after purchase (see here for how to do so). If you activate it on August 27 it will be valid until August 3o (inclusive). This is also explained on the page I linked to.

Kuthialm
Kuthialm
4 posts
Aug 19, 2015 - 9:08 PM

Hi,

I am travelling from London on 30th aug & returning on 3rd Sep. Am I eligible for a discounted half fate card or Swiss travel pass with 20% discount?

Arno
Arno
11133 posts
expert &
Aug 20, 2015 - 8:14 AM in reply to Kuthialm

Hi Kuthialm,

Yes, absolutely. If you want a Swiss Half Fare Card you can get it through www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-half-fare-card and use the discount codes on www.raileurope-world.com/deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe (use England when asked for your country). Although, if you only need one card the discount codes don't apply so the overall price may not differ that much from www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. The first site delivers in up to 8 business days, so you would need to book quickly. The second site e-mails the pass within 3 business days, so you can print it yourself.

The discounted Swiss Travel Pass is available through www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/ en/node/66. This one can also be printed at home. We're discussing that discount here.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:14 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018