Jun 25, 2018 - 12:34 AM
Hi! I’m confused as far as purchasing saver day pass with or without half fare card.
I will be in Switzerland for 7 days and plan on purchasing the 4-day swiss travel pass for in between as my itinerary goes like this:
1. Arrive into Zurich (stay in Zurich). Get a city day pass for transportation /sightsee?
2. Day trip to Luzern (Mt Pilatus) from Zurich. Use the STP.
3. Day trip to Bern from Zurich. Use the STP.
4. From Zurich, travel to Interlaken. Visit Grindelwald and Bachalpsee lake. Stay in Interlaken. Use the STP.
5. From Interlaken, take Golden Panoramic train to Montreux. Stay in Montreux. Use the STP for last day.
6. From Montreux travel to Geneva to spend the night in Geneva. Here I would need to buy a one way train ticket from Montreux to Geneva and possibly a 24 hr city day pass.
Should I buy a saver day pass ticket without the need to buy a half fare card? Or do I have to buy the half fare card in order for me to buy the saver day pass for a cheaper ticket to Geneva, for just that day? I understand the trip may cost around 52CHF.
7. Day in Geneva. Flight to Budapest.
Trying to save money here, but will it be better to acquire the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and not worry about it, or what do you suggest?