Swiss 4 days itinerary sugesstion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2015 at 12:03:24 #807824

Hi,

I find this forum interesting and helpful. We are a couple in mid forties travelling from Zurich on our way to milan in end sept.

We like to see two mountains, some lake and valley, countryside and local cuisine and flavour.

I have thought of the following route.

Zurich–Lucerne–Interlaken—Andermatt–Lugano—milan

Pl suggest places to see and town to stay and any changes to be made to make this worthwhile.

What should be our mode of transport and we would like to see as much enroute.

Thanks in advance

Sandeep

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    26 August 2015 at 11:58:00 #845734

Hi Sandeep, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

To start off with, you could take a look at the pages below. They provide tips on day trips and accommodation for some of the towns/regions you mentioned:

Switzerland has an excellent rail network, and I definitely recommend to do all trips by train. Scenic transfers can be made by traveling the Golden Pass route between Lucerne and Interlaken, and the regional Lötschberg train via Goppenstein when getting from Interlaken to Andermatt. The timetable will help you to plan all trips in detail.

How long will your stay in Switzerland last? And how long would you like to spend in each base town? That will help us provide rail pass advice and further tips.

• The thread ‘Swiss 4 days itinerary sugesstion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.