Swiss Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2012 at 0:40:04 #805407

Hello,
    My husband and I with our 7-yr-old boy are planning a trip to Europe(Deutschland, Swiss, France)this August. We will be in Swiss for 4 days. Here’s our itinerary.
    8/14 – From Gengenbach to Luzern(via Basel). Hang around in Luzern, and Leave to Zug if we have time。
    8/15 – Mount Rigi. May take the Golden Round Trip.
    8/16 – From Luzern to Murren. We hope to do some easy hiking, probably the North face trail, or from Grutschal to Winteregg
    8/17 – Schilthorn, Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg
    8/18 – From Murren to Paris(via Basel)

I have some questions and hope you could help me, thanks!
    1. What kind of Rail Pass do you recommend us to buy?
    2. If we buy the Swiss Card, Is the inbound trip from Basel to Luzern and outbound trip from Murren to Basel both for free? Thanks again.
    Regards
    JeanPei

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 June 2012 at 8:12:06 #836543

Hello JeanPei, and welcome to the forum. A Swiss Card is a good option in your case. It will indeed cover the trips Basel-Lucerne and Mürren-Basel, and it will grant a 50% discount on the other trips you want to make. Specifics and purchase options are listed at the Swiss Card page.

In case you’re looking for more hiking tips: they’re listed here. Have fun preparing for your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2012 at 21:28:54 #836544

Thank you very much, Annika. The information is very useful.
    🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.