Swiss card and ski lift tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2011 at 21:39:04 #804790

Hi I am flying US to Zurich and taking train directly to Zermat, spending 8 days in Zermatt and then take the trains back to Zurich directly. Do i need the swiss transfer ticket or the swiss card. Can i use the swiss card in Zermatt for lift ticket discounts? Anyone??????

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    5 December 2011 at 14:24:10 #834513

Hello marym3suisse! Will you be using public transport (other than ski lifts) during your stay in Zermatt? If so, the Swiss Card would be the best choice, as it grants discounts on train traveling and cable cars during your stay. If, on the other hand, you’ll only be using the train for your trip from Zurich to Zermatt and back, and if you don’t plan to use further trains or cable cars in Zermatt, the Swiss Transfer Ticket would be the best solution. The Swiss Transfer Ticket provides a free trip Zurich-Zermatt-Zurich only. You can compare both passes by following the links I made to the detail pages. Purchase options are listed there as well.

Best regards,

• The thread ‘Swiss card and ski lift tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.