Swiss Card purchase when arriving by train.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2013 at 15:22:24 #805747

Hello , just checking. I am travelling from Amsterdam to Zurich next week on an overnight train and will be carrying on to Wengen.

I will be buying a Swiss Card for my journey from Zurich to Wengen and return journey. Am I correct in understanding you can only buy the card at either a border station or the airport ? I assume I can not buy it at Zurich’s railway station.

So I either have to get off and purchase at Basel or travel out to Zurich Airport and buy there.

Thanks

Phil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 January 2013 at 0:31:58 #837909

Hi Phil,

I’m not sure about Zurich main station, but you can purchase your card online. All resellers, including their delivery times, are on the Swiss Card page. Even if the card needs to be validated you can ask the train personnel to do so, so you won’t need to spend any time on that in Basel or Zurich and continue traveling to Wengen straight away.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Card purchase when arriving by train.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.