Swiss Card Question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2010 at 23:23:35 #803770

The Swiss Card offers the same advantages as the Swiss Transfer Ticketand includes one-day transfers from airport or border station todestination in Switzerland and return.

I don’t know what the one-day transfers is.

If I start my Swiss card in the basel on 4/22, will it be free from basel to bern on 4/22?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 April 2010 at 3:08:21 #831088

Hello tecc1234,

The Swiss Card offers a free trip from the airport or border station (in your case, Basel) to any destination in Switzerland. This free transfer must be completed through the shortest route (indicated by the timetable) and has to take place within one day. So if you start your Swiss Card in Basel at 4/22, your trip from Basel to Bern that day will indeed be for free. Your return trip from any destination in Switzerland back to an airport or border station will be for free as well (as long as it’s within one month from the first free inbound transfer).

Please note the difference between the Swiss Card and the Swiss Transfer Ticket: the Swiss Transfer Ticket only offers these two free transfers, the Swiss Card includes a 50% reduction on almost all trips in Switzerland during your stay as well.

I hope it’s clear now. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2010 at 3:20:26 #831089

Thanks, It’s very clear.
    There are two free transfers in the swiss card.
    If I start my swiss card in the basel on 4/22, it wiil be free for the first transfer from Basel to Bern.
    If I want to leave Switzerland on 4/27, it will be also free for the second transfer from interlaken ost to Basel.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 April 2010 at 11:21:30 #831090

That’s correct! Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Swiss Card Question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.