Swiss Card start date and shipping question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2012 at 1:43:46 #804935

Hi I will be traveling to switzerland during april. I have a few questions

1) As I am entering switzerland from Venice, can I purchase the swiss card in Italy (rome, venice or florence). I also am visiting paris, is it possible to purchase the card in Paris? If so, can you advice where is the ticket counter?

2) If I go for online booking, do I necessarily have to get the card shipped or a print out would suffice for pick up at any of the above stations?

3) Is the 2 or 1 offer on swiss card valid only online or is valid at ticket counters as well?

4) I tried out the online booking process and it asks me the start date of my trip. If I provide the date now (say 10th april) but later on want to change it to 11th april, can I do that?

Thanks
    Tashi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 February 2012 at 8:08:59 #834928

Hello tashi! If you enter your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Card page, you’ll see all details on purchase options. As you can see, the Swiss Card can not be purchased in the cities you mentioned. You can either buy it at a Swiss airport or border station, or online in advance. Select a purchase option and click ‘More information’ for further details on shipping.

Not all resellers require you to enter your start date when ordering online. Where are you from? If you tell me, I’ll be able to help you out better.

Are you aware that the Swiss Card isn’t the same as the Swiss (Saver) Pass? As far as I know, there’s no 2 for 1 offer on the Swiss Card, but there is on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Card start date and shipping question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.