How to get children tickets with Swiss Family Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 19:26:29 #821647

Hi we are family of 2 adults and 2 child below 13 years. me & my wife already purchased swiss half fare card with swiss family card.

According to rules, children below 16 travel for free.

But the main problem is.

When I am booking tickets from sbb mobile app or website.

There is no option of family card.

In adults section , we put Half fare card.

But when I am entering details of my children. There is no discount or swiss family pass showing.

What should I do?

Plz help

Amit goyal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2019 at 4:35:27 #912375

Hi Amit,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You don’t need tickets for the children, because the Swiss Family Card gives them free traveling: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard/howtouse. You only need discounted tickets for the adults holding a Swiss Half Fare Card: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland halffare/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 4:40:16 #912376

Thanks for the information.

Means if we want to go from Luzern to Interlaken ..we have to buy only 2 tickets of adults using half fare card from SBB

No need to buy tickets for children?

Are you sure?

So that i will buy the tickets today .

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2019 at 4:46:06 #912377

Yes, I am sure 🙂 Whether you buy the adult tickets from SBB or one of the websites listed in my last link does not matter. They all sell tickets for all train companies in Switzerland (Luzern to Interlaken is not an SBB train but that does not matter either).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 5:45:51 #912378

Thanku very much..

Same in case of Mt.Titlis and Mt. jungrau tickets?

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2019 at 6:04:33 #912379

Absolutely Arjit!

More details are here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 11:35:18 #912380

Last thing I want to ask.

I am booking Golden pass train from Montreux to Zweisimmen.

For confirm reservation seat, I am paying 7 chf per person on golden pass train website for my family of 4. Total 28 chf.

Now I am buying a valid train ticket from Montruex to zweisimmen for just 2 adults using my half fare card. Not buying ticket for my 2 children.only reserved seats for them.

Is it fine?

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 May 2019 at 14:16:43 #912381

Yes, absolutely Arjit!

• The thread ‘How to get children tickets with Swiss Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.