Swiss Flexi Pass validity

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2011 at 9:39:45 #804720

Hi there,

I will be in Switzerland from Nov 15 – 19, staying in Zurich. I am looking to get the Swiss Flexi Pass (3 days) for all of my travel plans.

I have not seen any confirmation that the unlimited travel on this pass can be used 3 days CONSECUTIVELY. Can you please let me know? I would like unlimited travel on Nov 16 / 17 / 18 using this pass.

I plan to visit all over Switzerland (Lucern, Bern, Basel, Zermatt, Jungfrau, Interlaken, Basel, Lausanne, etc.) and have calculated my costs on the SBB website to be close to $700 for three days, so I want to get a pass that gives me the most unlimited travel.

Will the Swiss Flexi Pass be the best option? I want to be sure I can use the unlimited travel three days consecutively.

Thanks!!! I can’t wait to visit Switzerland! Also, I live in Canada and am looking for the best place to get the 30% discount.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 September 2011 at 14:50:50 #834249

Hi sugarbb, and welcome to our website!

The free travel days can be used any way you like, either consecutive or non-consecutive. Just beware that the validity of the Swiss Flexi Pass starts at the first day of free travelling and ends after the last day of free travelling, so you cannot use its discounts on November 15 & 19.

Yes, if you want to travel to all these locations in 3 days (quite a challenge, by the way), a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass is the best option. You’ll get to all these towns for free. The last leg up the Jungfrau is discounted.

The 30% discount is indeed an interesting offer in your case. You can compare it to the prices of other resellers on the Swiss Flexi Pass page. You can get the discounted pass through Switzerland Travel Centre.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2011 at 15:05:15 #834250

Thank you for your prompt reply Arno!
    I am fine with no discounts on November 15 and 19 as I arrive from Munich on the 15th (afternoon) and fly back to Canada on the 19th (afternoon). I will sight see in Zurich on those days, and then do all my major travelling on the 16 / 17 / 18.
    I definitely agree, this will be quite the challenge. I anticipate my days will be full from 5am to 10pm of travelling and sightseeing, which I am fine with. I want to see as much of Switzerland as possible, as I am not sure when I will be able to return.
    My first day will be simple: Zurich – Lucerne – Bern – Basel – Zurich
    My second day will be PACKED: Zurich – Andermatt – Zermatt (Matterhorn) – Brig – Zurich
    Third day will be just as packed: Zurich – Interlaken – Jungfrau – Montreaux – Lausanne – Zurich

I know the train rides are long, I am hoping the stops will make up for that. Maybe some brief stops inbetween just to take a few photos and take in the scenery. I am kind of “going with the flow” so if this doesn’t go as planned I won’t be heartbroken. I’ll still be in Switzerland!

Just one more question; in my research, I have noticed a few websites saying that the Schilthorn and Piz Gloria are closed during the month of November.

Is this true? Are there any other mountains / cable cars that I can anticipate to be closed?

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 September 2011 at 14:01:05 #834251

Hi sugarbb,

To make it even more packed: if you can squeeze it in, make sure to use the local train between Brig and Spiez on your way back to Zurich on the second day. The local train stops in Goppenstein and Kandersteg and offers much better scenery than the InterCity trains that cross a very long tunnel.

The upper section to the summit of the Schilthorn will indeed be closed for maintenance from November 7 to December 2. November is a typical maintenance month. The timetable should warn you about that, but you can also visit the website of each cable car, such as this Schilthorn website.

It would be great if you could post about your trip here after you’ve returned. Many people want to see a lot within a short time frame so I’m sure your experiences are of interest to many.

Enjoy Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.