Currency exchange Switzerland: Euro to Swiss franc

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2019 at 21:47:47 #820250

HI,

I am coming by train. From where can I exchange the Euro with Swiss franc with good exchange rate. Please note I don’t have debit card or ATM withdraw facility.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2019 at 1:57:55 #905740

There are traditional manned Bureaux de Changes at the big city stations (eg Geneva and Basel)

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 March 2019 at 2:16:46 #905741

Hi Chiranjib De –

Welcome to My Swiss Alps. Hope you nhave time during your stay to appreciate Switzerland.-

You got your answer, from a knowledgeable forum member, and those currency exchange offices exist even though they are not always named in French. 😉

Although the Swiss Frank is the best currency to use in Switzerland, many places, especially in the major tourist destinations, accept Euros. You will get CHF for change, and the exchange rate for your bill is not predictable.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2019 at 9:33:38 #905742

thanks. btw are we expecting snowfall in Zermatt and Chur in next week? 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 March 2019 at 10:49:22 #905743

apart from this information:

http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast,

I look at webcams:

en.swisswebcams.ch/suc he/ort/chur-9857983/

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2019 at 17:50:32 #905744

Hi, as mentioned by the previous members, there are Currency Exchange services at train stations, airports and in general in city centres.

You can find more information about the exchange rate here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issfranc

You can also find 2 links on the destinations you have mentioned for further information:

Hope you have a great trip!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Currency exchange Switzerland: Euro to Swiss franc’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.