Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2013 at 7:34:30 #805980

Hi all,
    Coupla q’s regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
    We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy theZurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 May 2013 at 12:17:42 #838626

Hi princess13,

With a Swiss Half Fare Card, you need to buy discounted (50%) tickets for each trip. You can download the map from the Swiss Half Fare Card page. It shows the covered network in detail.

I would use a Zurich Card in your case. It’s quite convenient not having to purchase tickets for your traveling and activities. To see what’s included, please visit this page.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.