Swiss Half Fare Card & Berner Oberland pass in app

• Jayleecab
    Participant
    8 posts
    14 August 2022 at 23:54:30 #828085

Hello!!

I have a few questions on the passes/tickets/app..

I read in a previous post that someone was able to put the BO and the HFC in the app when they purchased via SBB link. I found the HFC for 120 on the SBB website, however I did not find the Regional Berner Oberland Pass.

1. If you buy on this site > .switzerlandtravelcentre.com will I be able to load the pass on the app? Or do I have to purchase it via SBB under my account.

I want to be safe and have both printed and digital. But I also want to save time and not get printed tickets if possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 August 2022 at 6:03:53 #945639

Hi Jayleecab,

Both the Swiss Half Fare Card and Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland will be delivered to you digitally, as a PDF. You can store them directly on your phone. Printouts serve as a backup so you still have something to show if your phone is not working.

The website https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home is the official SBB tourist web shop that offers both passes. They’ll be e-mailed to you within a few minutes.

More purchase options can be found here:

You can’t and don’t need to add tourist passes like these to the SBB app. The app allows you to tick the Half-Fare travelcard option for each traveler in order to buy discounted tickets. You don’t need to prove that you are entitled to that reduced fare. Checks will be done on board the trains, where you have to show both your ticket and pass upon request.

The SBB app is only one way to buy digital tickets. There are other websites and apps as well. Here’s a list: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerlandhalffare/price. Some offer to buy in your own currency, so they may turn out to be a little bit cheaper as you’ll avoid banking costs and exchange rates. Either way, you never have to link a tourist pass to an app. Just select the fare you’re in title to, and you’re good to go.

Note that the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland offers free traveling in most cases. So, you don’t need tickets and you don’t need an app at all. Other than finding train schedules perhaps.

Jayleecab
    Participant
    8 posts
    16 August 2022 at 3:46:56 #945640

Thank you so much for the info!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card & Berner Oberland pass in app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.