Swiss Half Fare Card special for September 2016?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 1:19:10 #809095

Hi there, can someone please advise if it is possible that the Swiss Half Fare card could go on special or be reduced in price prior to September 2016. If so, how would i know about it. At this stage I will be buying ticket from Australia from the Rail Europe website?

Kind regards

JennO

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 May 2016 at 6:48:23 #851560

Hi JennO,welcome to MySwissAlps!

There haven’t been many promotions for the Swiss Half Fare Card over the past years. But if a discount comes along, you’ll find it in the “Promotions” section of our Swiss Half Fare Card page, in our general Promotions overview and we’ll post it in the forum. If you set your account to receive forum update mails, you’ll be notified automatically.

Purchase options can be found here. As you’ll see, buying from http://www.swissrailways.com/ en is currently cheaper than using http://www.raileurope.com.au. If you choose “Online ticket” when asked for delivery options, you’ll get a print at home pass without any additional shipping or handling fees.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 7:51:46 #851561

Thank you Anika,

I have just tried the site you suggested. Although it says there is a paperless option available later in the ordering process I get right to the credit card payment details and it still does not give me the option of paperless. Perhaps I am missing it somewhere?

To have them delivered to Australia is very expensive and by the time they say they will post them, we will have already left.

Regards

Jennifer

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 May 2016 at 14:02:06 #851562

Hi Jennifer,

I think you’re indeed missing it; the paperless option is definitely available. Just go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and fill out the requested information. The “Online Ticket” option will become available in the bottom of the list of delivery options, after you’ve filled out your address. If you want to receive it on any specific date you can request for that in the Notes field, and they’ll take care of it.

Did it work for you now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 22:47:22 #851563

Hello Arno

Yes now it has worked Thank you very much.

kind regards

Jenn

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 May 2016 at 13:27:09 #851564

Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card special for September 2016?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.