Swiss Half Fare Card monthly and yearly prices

• mestettler
    Participant
    27 posts
    18 January 2021 at 3:57:17 #825765

Hello myswissalps,

I was reading about the Swiss Half Fare Card, and was surprised to learn that it can be purchased for a month rather than an entire year (which is what I did in 20218 and 2019 for $180 CHF). The prices listed from the various places to get one are approximately $120 CHF, USD and Euros. Is this the price for one month? If I wanted three months, would it be $360, or is there a discounted three month price?

Thank you, Myriam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    18 January 2021 at 7:20:06 #934599

Hi Myriam,

Thank you for your question.

The Swiss Half Fare Card is generally for foreign visitors who plan to visit and travel short-term around Switzerland. It is valid for a month. If you are a frequent visitor or wish to stay longer than a month, you might want to consider getting the Half Fare Travelcard for CHF185 and is valid for 1 year: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/details. However for the initial purchase, it is recommended to do it any SBB station. After the initial purchase it is possible to renew it online.

You can find more information about the Swiss Half Fare Card here including a list of online retailers: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard

Details about the yearly Half Fare Travelcard are available on the SBB official website.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

mestettler
    Participant
    27 posts
    18 January 2021 at 13:01:05 #934600

Thank you Anna. I will stick with the one year Half Fare Card.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card monthly and yearly prices’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.