Swiss Half Fare Card purchase in Wengen?

• Amyhogan11
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 June 2022 at 1:26:41 #827403

We leave for Europe in a week and will be in Wengen in 3 weeks. I think I determined the half fare pass is the best option though we are only there for 4 days as we have a 10, 14 and 18 year old with us. However, when I went to buy it it seems complicated and I read it takes 10 days to get in the mail- and we will be gone. Can I buy it onsite in Wegnen? It says you can buy it at any “staffed” ticket counter in Switzerland but I dont recall Wengen being staffed- except maybe the cable cars. Any ideas how I can get this card in time for our trip?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    4 June 2022 at 7:00:00 #942862

Hi Amyhogan11,

You can purchase the Swiss Half Fare Card online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/price. Depending on the resellers, the card is delivered to you by email instantly and all you have to do is print it out. You can also purchase the Swiss Half Fare Card from any SBB train stations, usually at normal business hours. The Wengen ticket office is open daily from 7.30 to 5.00 pm.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2022 at 7:01:09 #942863

Hi Amyhogan11,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As Anna says, delivery of the Swiss Half Fare Card only takes a few minutes via e-mail. Perhaps you’ve been looking at the wrong pass (Half-Fare travelcard is something different, for example) or the wrong website.

The best purchase options are listed in Anna’s link.

If you order via https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/product/swissHalfFareCard, for example, you’ll have your cards within 5 minutes. Do check your spam folder to be sure you’re not missing it.

Amyhogan11
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 June 2022 at 17:49:09 #942864

Thank you both, you are so helpful!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card purchase in Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.