Swiss Half Fare Card + Swiss Family Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ivan
Ivan
3 posts
Jun 23, 2019 - 10:43 PM

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Switzerland in July with my wife and our two daughters (9 and 12 years old). We'll be based in Interlaken (we'll rent a car) and we plan to visit Jungfraujoch, Zermatt (Gornergrat), Fiesch - Eggishorn, Bettmerhorn,... So a few cable cars and trains.

I've been reading about different options and I think the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best for us, but I have a couple of questions:

- We'll buy 2 cards, one for me and another for my wife. With them we will pay 50% to go to all those places, right?

- If we get 2 Swiss Family Cards for the kids, will they travel for free? Or will they only pay also 50%?

I'm sorry if there are silly questions. I think the answer for 1) is yes, but I'm not sure about 2).

Thank you very much.

Regards, Iván.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7111 posts
expert
Jun 23, 2019 - 11:10 PM in reply to Ivan

Hello Ivan and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’re kids will travel for free with the Swiss Family Card. You only need one Swiss Family Card, it will cover both children (covers up to 5). The only reason to request 2 cards is if you and your wife plan to go on different trips with one of the girls each.

Last modified on Jun 23, 2019 - 11:11 PM by rockoyster
Ivan
Ivan
3 posts
Jun 23, 2019 - 11:17 PM

Hello,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

This is awesome, we're going to save a lot of money with this. I assume that if I buy some ticket online I'll only need to buy them for us (me and my wife) with the 50% discount and then just show up with the kids and their Swiss Family Card, right?

Regards, Iván.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7111 posts
expert
Jun 23, 2019 - 11:46 PM in reply to Ivan

I assume that if I buy some ticket online I'll only need to buy them for us (me and my wife) with the 50% discount and then just show up with the kids and their Swiss Family Card, right?

That's correct Ivan. You can read the details at www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard/howtouse.

Also see www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

By the way have you looked at www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain?

Happy travels.

Ivan
Ivan
3 posts
Jun 24, 2019 - 7:48 AM

Thank you so much!

We'll take a look at the car vs train link.

Regards, Iván.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019