Swiss Half Fare Card + Swiss Family Card

• Ivan
    Participant
    3 posts
    23 June 2019 at 22:43:44 #822447

Hello,

I’ll be traveling to Switzerland in July with my wife and our two daughters (9 and 12 years old). We’ll be based in Interlaken (we’ll rent a car) and we plan to visit Jungfraujoch, Zermatt (Gornergrat), Fiesch – Eggishorn, Bettmerhorn,… So a few cable cars and trains.

I’ve been reading about different options and I think the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best for us, but I have a couple of questions:

– We’ll buy 2 cards, one for me and another for my wife. With them we will pay 50% to go to all those places, right?

– If we get 2 Swiss Family Cards for the kids, will they travel for free? Or will they only pay also 50%?

I’m sorry if there are silly questions. I think the answer for 1) is yes, but I’m not sure about 2).

Thank you very much.

Regards, Iván.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 June 2019 at 23:10:50 #915952

Hello Ivan and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’re kids will travel for free with the Swiss Family Card. You only need one Swiss Family Card, it will cover both children (covers up to 5). The only reason to request 2 cards is if you and your wife plan to go on different trips with one of the girls each.

Ivan
    Participant
    3 posts
    23 June 2019 at 23:17:03 #915953

Hello,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

This is awesome, we’re going to save a lot of money with this. I assume that if I buy some ticket online I’ll only need to buy them for us (me and my wife) with the 50% discount and then just show up with the kids and their Swiss Family Card, right?

Regards, Iván.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 June 2019 at 23:46:44 #915954

I assume that if I buy some ticket online I’ll only need to buy them for us (me and my wife) with the 50% discount and then just show up with the kids and their Swiss Family Card, right?

That’s correct Ivan. You can read the details at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard/howtouse.

Also see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

By the way have you looked at http://www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain?

Happy travels.

Ivan
    Participant
    3 posts
    24 June 2019 at 7:48:43 #915955

Thank you so much!

We’ll take a look at the car vs train link.

Regards, Iván.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card + Swiss Family Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.