Swiss Pass and discounts

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 18:04:30 #805237

Is it worth getting a 4 day flexi pass instead of a Swiss Card if I am going to be staying for 7 days in the Bernese Oberland. It seems a full day on the flexi pass wouldn’t cover much in the Bernese region. I would still have to pay for the gondolas half fair even if I had the flexe pass. Would the flexi pass cover the full cost of a trip from Laterbrunnen to Wilderswil then to Schynige Platte. It doesn’t cover the Gondola fully from First to Grindewald. Would the Flexi pass cover Grindelwald to kleine Scheid and then on to Wengen via train on my free day? Or do these count as mountain railways and are only covered half fare even on free days.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 May 2012 at 6:14:36 #835998

Hi magentaspeaker! Mountain transportation is still discounted on a free travel day with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, you’re right. Please review the Swiss Flexi Pass page and download the validity map to see exactly which routes are for free and which ones are discounted on free travel days.

The Swiss Flexi Pass is especially interesting if you want to make some longer trips outside of the Bernese Oberland region too. And please note the 2 for 1 offer on a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass: if you intend to travel in May or September/October/November, the 2 for 1 promotion is a very good deal and I would prefer it over the Swiss Card in that case. That’s because the free travel days offer the possibility to make some longer trips to other regions in case of bad weather in the Bernese Oberland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 12:05:01 #835999

Arno, Thanks for the help. The map isn’t working for me.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass and discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.