Swiss Pass Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2013 at 3:32:38 #805961

Hi,
    I am planning to travel from paris to interlaken and after 3 days I will travel to Geneva, all of these trips by train.
    Is it possible to get a swiss rail pass from Paris train station?
    Also I found a route (Paris – Basel – Interlaken), and the time between the first train and the second is only Five Min. , Is that Enough time to leave the first and join the second?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 May 2013 at 5:58:39 #838562

Hi aalgaisi,

I don’t think you can get a Swiss Pass there, although I’m not 100% sure. You can easily get it online though. That way you don’t loose time in either Paris or Basel. All options are at the Swiss Pass page if you fill out your country, pass type and number of travelers.

I’m not sure if you’re referring to a Swiss Pass or Swiss Card. In case of the Swiss Card all purchase options are here.

Five minutes is sufficient to switch trains. Of course there’s always the risk of delays, but in such a case you can just take the next train from Basel.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2013 at 6:39:28 #838563

Thanks for your quick response,

I am referring to swiss saver pass card, for me and my wife.
    I am living in Saudi Arabia, And my flight to Paris is on 16 May, do you think is still I have time to get it, Or I can get it from some where else?

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 May 2013 at 7:00:20 #838564

You’re welcome aalgaisi! If you order here today, the estimated delivery day is May 9, so there’s still time. Delivery times and more details are at the Swiss Pass page. You may qualify for this discount by the way.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2013 at 13:01:59 #838565

Hi,
    I have found swiss saver pass seller in our country, but as you know I need to activate it.
    Is it possible to activate it from Paris, Because I am planning to use it to book a trip from Paris to Interlaken

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 May 2013 at 1:14:16 #838566

Hi aalgaisi,

It depends on the reseller if you can activate the pass yourself, or if railway personnel needs to do it. In the latter case, you can have it done at the rail station in Basel or by the conductor in the train from Paris to Basel, so that you can board your next train straight away.

If you have a Swiss Pass there is no need to book the whole trip to Interlaken. Just purchase a ticket Paris – Basel from the same website here; you can even choose to get a code to print the ticket at the station in Paris, so there’s no delivery time or shipping fee. Use your Swiss Pass for the rest of the trip (no seat reservation is needed).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2013 at 5:45:26 #838567

Hi,
    Sorry, I didn’t get you well.

Do I need to get a (Full fare) ticket for a train from Paris to Basel, Without using Swiss Pass?
    Or can I use it this swiss pass from Paris train station before activating it

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 May 2013 at 6:31:20 #838568

Hi,

You indeed need a full fare ticket for Paris to Basel. That route is in France, so the Swiss Pass does not apply there. From Basel onwards, you can use your Swiss Pass.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.