Swiss Pass from Rail Europe – E-ticket option?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 August 2011 at 4:50:34 #833776

Hi GC,

Swiss rail passes are not available as an e-ticket. I noticed that you have been looking at the US website of Rail Europe, but they don’t ship to the UAE. Rail Europe has many local offices and local websites. You can best go to the Swiss Pass page and select your country, pass and number of travelers to see the purchase options specifically for you.

For the UAE, you’ll see that one of the listed resellers is Rail Europe GCC. Their prices are much lower than in Switzerland. Shipping options are explained there as well. What is not listed (we’ll add that later), is that you can choose to collect your order in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah or Al Ain and thus save on shipping fees. Be sure to check these promo codes to get an additional discount on the listed prices.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2011 at 10:06:36 #833777

Brilliant ! Thanks very much Arno.

Additional query : When I click on the promo code after inputting the details, the promo code does not come up. The page refreshes and comes back to the earlier content. Would you have any suggestions on how to get the promo code.

Thanks & Regards

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 August 2011 at 10:47:16 #833778

Hi GC,

Are you ordering a 2nd class 15-day Swiss Saver Pass for 2 people through Rail Europe GCC? That adds up to EUR 550 excluding (shipping) fees, but the promo codes can be used from EUR 600 (20 off) or EUR 1,000 (40 off). If your order is over EUR 600, just enter “20EUROFF” in the box called “Your promotion code” and click “add code”. Does this explain what’s happening?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2011 at 13:07:39 #833779

Yes ; that worked. Thanks Arno.

Sorry to have to pepper you with questions again : I am trying to reserve seats on the Glacier Express using the website trainticket.com which was linked here ; however the issue of shipping the reservation document again comes up.

Can I reserve the seats as well through Rail Europe GCC.

Many thanks for your patience and assistance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 August 2011 at 13:35:57 #833780

You’re welcome GC! You can best order everything through one reseller to save on shipping costs. RailEurope GCC is listed at the reservation page as well. You’ll end up at this page and you should be able to make the same reservation there. Please let me know whether it worked out for you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2011 at 13:47:19 #833781

Thanks again Arno. I will visit them and certainly come back with an update. You mods rock :- )

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass from Rail Europe – E-ticket option?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.