Swiss Pass Help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2012 at 12:54:49 #805176

I have been reviewing the other posts on this topic but cannot find one that relates to our travel plans. We are arriving into Zurich on May 11th and then traveling by train to Grindelwald on May 12th. We will be in Grindelwald until May 15th. During those days we are planning on traveling to Jungraujoch one day and also to Interlaken to visit the castle(s). On May 15th we are traveling by train to Como and will be there for a few days until we head to Milan.
    I have been looking at the 2 for 1 Swiss Pass special and think that may be our best option but would love to hear the advice from others on the pass and the area of Grindelwald in general. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 April 2012 at 9:12:22 #835822

Hi JoeSoFla, and welcome to the forum! If you’re traveling in May, then yes: the 2 for 1 offer is definitely your best choice, no matter what your exact travel plans are. You could buy the offer for the 4 day consecutive Swiss Pass twice to have your entire stay covered (about 8 days, is that right?) or choose the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days for the longest trips and discounts for the remaining days.

You’ll find tips for day trips in and near Grindelwald in the Bernese Oberland day trip section.

I hope this helps you decide! Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 12:22:36 #835823

Hi Arno,
    Thank you very much for your quick reply! I did have just a couple of follow up questions. Does the pass include free travel to the Jungfraujoch? Does it include free travel on trains from Grindelwald to Como? I know that we are going to be in Grindelwald at a time when many of the gondolas will be closed. Is there a website to check which gondolas are operating so I can plan our day trips? Thank you again for your great help! All the best, Joel

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 April 2012 at 13:16:21 #835824

Hi Joel,

All details of what’s covered can be reviewed on the network map you can download from the Swiss Pass page Annika linked to.

You can enter any trip in the timetable to see whether a particular cable car operates on your preferred day. Alternatively, there are websites for each of them. Many of them are linked from here.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.