Swiss Travel Pass lamination allowed?

Swiss Travel Pass lamination allowed?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Euro2018
Euro2018
29 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 12:59 AM

Hello,

Just wondering, Can we laminate STP (Swiss Travel Pass) ? if anyone tried that ? Please let me know if by laminating it works when scanned ?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3688 posts
expert
Jun 30, 2018 - 2:20 AM in reply to Euro2018

Should be OK.

See www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/swiss-travel-pass-is-the-way-to-go#fnpWjKDW9mqS6v8AAFc RTQ.

You can also take PDF available and print backup copies in case the original gets damaged.

Arno
Arno
10744 posts
expert &
Jun 30, 2018 - 6:20 AM

Hi Euro2018,

As Rockoyster said it should be ok, but it's not necessary. The instructions say to just print it. My pass was fine in my wallet for 15 days. Scanning the QR code by train staff was never a problem. I had a spare copy in my backpack and left one in the accommodation, and the electronic copy in the cloud. No way I could loose the pass for sure :-)

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 6:20 AM by Arno
Travelsmoo
Travelsmoo
11 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 8:45 AM

We took a photo on our phones of the printed hard copy pass and the train staff scanned the QR code without any problem. I just made the photo a favourite so it was easy to find. NB make sure the pass is on a flat surface when you take the photo.

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 8:46 AM by Travelsmoo
rockoyster
rockoyster
3688 posts
expert
Jun 30, 2018 - 10:55 AM in reply to Travelsmoo

Well that’s a new twist.

Arno
Arno
10744 posts
expert &
Jun 30, 2018 - 11:29 AM

That's interesting Travelsmoo. Nevertheless I recommend to always (also) take the printed version along, as that's the only valid form of a pass as of now. Anything else may be accepted by one train conductor and not by the other.

strahandg
strahandg
8 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 12:35 PM

We folded our travel passes in half and laminated one copy each. Trimmed off the excess and they worked a treat. Compact, durable and easy to access in our handbags and train staff had no problem scanning them, some even commented what a good idea. Travelled for 15 days this year.

Travelsmoo
Travelsmoo
11 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 12:55 AM in reply to rockoyster

We were traveling with our 3 x 20something sons and one of them suggested it.

Travelsmoo
Travelsmoo
11 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 12:56 AM in reply to Arno

Arno, we also carried the hard copy passes just in case someone wanted to see them.

SashaS
SashaS
1 post
Jul 1, 2018 - 1:16 PM

Hi

We used the printout thefirst few times. Then we shifted to the soft copy on the mobile phone.That was much easier.

Have a great trip!!

Euro2018
Euro2018
29 posts
Jul 2, 2018 - 3:57 AM

All,

Thank you so much for all inputs and suggestions. This forum is the best !!!!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018