Swiss pass or interrail swiss pass for 7 days trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2014 at 12:55:39 #806267

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest me should I buy an interrail swiss pass or a swiss pass for my 7 days travel in Switzerland. I’m under 25 and have residence permit over 6 months in UK. My journey will be from Zurich>Luzern>Interlaken>Zermatt (Klein Matterhorn) > Leysin Feydey> Geneva> Geneva airport. I’m confused about the discount and the validity of the interrail swiss pass, so I’m not sure which pass is more suitable for me.

Thank you for help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 March 2014 at 13:46:44 #839627

Hi Daisy, welcome to MySwissAlps,

A Swiss Pass covers a lot more than a InterRail Pass. Main line train trips are included in both, but a Swiss Pass includes free boat rides (50% off with InterRail), free travel from Visp to Zermatt (no discount with InterRail), free city transport and bus trips (no discount with InterRail) and 50% off the Klein Matterhorn cable car (no discount with InterRail) and most other cable cars. You can best follow these instructions if you want to know which pass works out cheapest. Swiss Pass prices can be found here.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass or interrail swiss pass for 7 days trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.