Swiss pass or not

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2012 at 18:13:04 #805683

Hi,
    I’m plannning a short trip to Switzerland on New Years Day 2013 for 3 nights with my wife and 5 year old son. I’m considering staying in Lucerne. I would like to go to Jungfrau also for a day trip.
    I am a bit confused by the best option for us for passes etc… As a minimum, I would like a return rail trip from Zurich airport to Lucern; and a day trip to the Jungfrau. Although from what I can see I doubt I can afford to go to the top of the Jungfrau!
    We may also consider travelling on other days for short trips, possible spend last day in Zurich prior to late evening flight.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Paul

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 November 2012 at 16:08:59 #837382

Hi Paul,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Pass for 2 adults would be a good option. Your son will travel along for free. The pass allows free traveling about everywhere, including Zurich city transport. You’ll get a 25% discount on the last leg of the trip to the Jungfrau. The Swiss Half Fare Card could be an alternative, but you would have to know your exact trips and make some calculations in order to determine if that’s cheaper than the Swiss Pass.

These selections of hotels in Zurich, Lucerne and near Zurich airport may be of interest to you as well.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass or not’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.