Swiss pass or Swiss flex pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2012 at 15:01:24 #805549

Can you tell me which you think would be the best option for us. There will be 6 of us traveling in Oct. we will spend 8 days in Switzerland with a home base of K
    Lake Brienz. We will be doing many day trips. Ie. jungfrau Region, montreux, Lucerne, Zermatt etc. on the 8th day we will split 3 and 3 going to Austria and Italy. Here is my question I feel with the research I have done that the Swiss Pass buy one get one would be our best option. We could all do a buy one and end up with 2 4 day passes, which would cover our whole trip with exception of some private trips and would cost approx 260 CHF. Or do we go Swiss Flex Pass which I believe is more expensive and I don’t see that the benefits would be better.. Thanks for the help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    21 August 2012 at 5:38:29 #836975

Hello Cfrieday. You’re right: two sets of the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass for each couple, thus ordering six sets of the offer in total, would certainly be the best option. Since you plan to make lots of day trips and cover large distances, I think it’s better than the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.

Please note that you’re splitting up in groups of 3 on day 8, whereas this Swiss Saver Pass offer comes in tickets for two people each. One member of a couple is allowed to use this pass on his/her own on day 8, but the other one won’t be able to use it then. So one member of the group will have to buy a regular ticket for the outbound trip to the airport of border on day 8.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass or Swiss flex pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.