Swiss Pass promotion: $50 off until 10 Oct 2014

• Arno
    15471 posts
    19 May 2014 at 18:55:05 #803717

Rail Europe North America offers a great discount: $50 off any Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass order, regardless of pass duration, class or travel dates. All you need to do is decide quickly. If you need a Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass for the next 6 months, you can save a lot of money if you buy online before October 10.

Details are listed below:

• For purchase and the promo code you need for the discount, please visit:
      http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html (USA, Caribbean, Mexico)
      http://www.raileurope.ca/rail -tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html (Canada)
    • This promotion is available for all Swiss Passes, Swiss Saver Passes and Swiss Youth Passes, Swiss Flexi Passes and Swiss Saver Flexi Passes, as long as you plan to travel within the next 6 months. It is not available for any other passes;
    • This promotion is only available online and only for citizens of Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico and the USA;
    • You can get the $50 discount until 10 October 2014, or until 950 passes have been sold;
    • Shipping is free on any order of at least $399;
    • The discount is not available if you buy your passes in Switzerland;
    • The passes can be combined with a Swiss Peak Pass and a Swiss Family Card.

All pass information can be found on the Swiss Pass page and Swiss Flexi Pass page. All Swiss Pass related promotions are listed here.

Hopefully you can take advantage of this great promotion. I wish you beautiful journeys in the Swiss Alps!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2014 at 13:43:07 #839976

why are there no discounts for people residing in France or for Indian citizens 🙁

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2014 at 13:56:01 #839977

Hi kB2swiss,

That’s because this is offered by Rail Europe North America. Other resellers have other offers, but indeed this is a good one. You can check the Swiss Pass promo page. It always lists the latest promotions for your country of residence.

puneetgup
    Participant
    23 posts
    20 May 2014 at 14:29:35 #839978

does this also apply to the Bernese Oberland pass? I could not find it in the link and am assuming that isonly the Swiss Pass. Thanks!

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2014 at 14:35:25 #839979

Hi puneetgup,

You are right, this only applies to all Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass variants (regular, Saver, Youth, 1st or 2nd class), not to other rail passes.

Annika
    7094 posts
    6 June 2014 at 19:43:47 #839980

Hello everyone,

This promotion is extended from June 6 to June 23, but it may expire sooner since only 1500 passes are available. For details:
    http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html (USA, Caribbean, Mexico)
    http://www.raileurope.ca/rail -tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html (Canada)

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 August 2014 at 18:04:50 #839981

This promotion is back again: buy before August 14 and save $50 on your Swiss Pass! See my original post above for details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2014 at 13:19:38 #839982

Hello Arno,

Thanks for this post! Was wondering if this is applicable for those non-Canadian, but the ticket will be bought and sent in Canada ? Thanks!

-Khaspy-

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2014 at 15:38:31 #839983

Hi Khaspy,

The two websites offering this discount only ship passes to Canada, the USA, the Caribbean and Mexico (although it does not matter if you’re a resident of another country).

I noticed you’re from Singapore, so you’d better look into this promotion that applies to everyone not living in Europe. The web page specifically for Singapore is http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ special-offers/great-deals-to-tour-Europe. You can save up to SGD 80.

By the way, rail pass promotions that apply to your country of residence can always be found on our promo page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2014 at 15:57:41 #839984

Hello Arno,

Yup! You’re right, I’m from Singapore, but my traveling friend is from Canada.

I realized that if I go inside the Singapore link http://www.raileurope.com.sg, and carry on with my entries, e.g. the traveling people should be from Asia, there are limited choices in the country. 🙁

So, another option that we have is that my friend will be the one doing the booking, unless, we both book separately.

Thanks.

-Khaspy-

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2014 at 16:54:25 #839985

Hi Khaspy,

If your friend is from Canada he/she can book the Swiss Saver Pass for the two of you, and get the $50 discount. You can send on this forum post so that he/she can read about the details of this promo and have the pass being shipped to a Canadian address.

Ordering separately is not recommended because in that case you can’t purchase a Saver pass for two or more people, only a normal pass for one person. A Saver pass is 10% cheaper.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 August 2014 at 16:35:45 #839986

Hello everyone,

The $50 off promotion has been extended until September 12, 2014. Although it may end sooner if 700 passes have been sold. Further details are in my original post.

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    9 September 2014 at 23:15:16 #839987

Hi, I am from middle east and currently they are having a promo of Euro 20 of on purchase of 600 or more.

But when I am using the promo code ‘GENEUR1’ it doesn;t show any deduction.

Any idea what to do ?

Thanks,

NR

Annika
    7094 posts
    10 September 2014 at 6:06:21 #839988

Hi NR,

The promotion you are referring to is a different one than discussed here. You can find information and links in this post. I’m not sure why the code does not work for you. I just tried on http://www.raileurope-gcc.com and on http://www.raileurope-world.com and it worked there. Did you do it on a different website perhaps? It only works on the websites listed in the forum post I just mentioned. Be sure to click the ‘Add code’ link, just right of the box where you fill out the code.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,

Annika

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    10 September 2014 at 14:54:19 #839989

Yes its working now.

A quick question. I will be travelling to Lucerne from Paris to Basel via TVG and then IR from Basel to Lucerne.

If i have swiss pass, the journey from IR is free ? I was reserving the ticket from SBB but its not giving me any option of Swiss pass. (only half fare and children)

What to do ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 September 2014 at 16:26:39 #839990

Hi Nauman,

Don’t worry about tickets. Since you have purchased a Swiss Pass, you don’t need any tickets to travel in Switzerland. Just board any train with your pass. Seat reservations are only required for a few trains as explained here. All you need for Basel to Lucerne is your Swiss Pass. The map shows what’s included in the pass.

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    10 September 2014 at 17:29:59 #839991

Thats great. And recently i saw that the passes were being sold with 1 extra free day ? was it swiss pass ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 September 2014 at 17:50:05 #839992

No, that isn’t a Swiss Pass promotion. Possibly you’ve seen this Eurail promotion. If any new promotions become available, we will list them here.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass promotion: $50 off until 10 Oct 2014’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.