Buy Swiss Travel Pass at airport or online

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MelindaE
MelindaE
8 posts
Apr 11, 2017 - 5:38 AM

Hi Just wondering if it is recommended to buy our Swiss travel passes at the airport when we land or online from Australia. I am buying second class tickets but want to upgrade for our section on GEX - if we have prepurchased the tickets online do we upgrade at the airport. Appreciate any advice, thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9658 posts
expert &
Apr 11, 2017 - 8:46 AM in reply to MelindaE

Hi MelindaE,

I would buy the Swiss Travel Pass online. This way you can print at home and when you arrive you can just hop on any train you want without having to wait at the ticket office. You will also have an online backup in case you lose your pass.

You can upgrade to 1st class on the Glacier Express train at any rail office before boarding the train (they can't run out of upgrades). You must however, reserve a seat in 1st class on the train (you can do this before buying an upgrade) and I would do this as soon as possible.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 11, 2017 - 1:35 PM by Lucas
rockoyster
rockoyster
4030 posts
expert
Apr 11, 2017 - 9:49 AM

Hi MelindaE,

Trap for young players (like me). You can't get a Swiss Travel Pass Flex (in case that's what you want) to print at home. I got one from Happy Rails via www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e - they post for free.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018