Swiss Rail Pass Flex Combi; how does it work?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 6:52:29 #808833

Hye, im planning to go to Swiss in September. Im planning to buy 3 days flex combi pass.

My travelling day for the pass would be day 2, day 5 and day 7.

I just want to know whether my understanding about flex combi pass is correct?

Day 1: Zurich, Lucerne city (since this is not my traveling day I get 50% for all train rides)

Day 2: Mount Pilatus and from Lucerne to Interlaken OST to Lauterbrunnen (with this pass all my journey will be covered except for cograilway and cable car Alpnachstad-Pilatus Klum-Kriens but I will get 50% = CHF 36)

Day 3: Lauterbrunnen to Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch (I get 50% for these 2 return journeys so CHF 56 and CHF 92 respectively)

Day 4: Lauterbrunen to Interlaken OST (I get 50%)

Day 5: Interlaken to Zermatt (free travel)

Day 6: Zermatt to Gornorgrat (50% = CHF 43) , 50% to Matterhorn

Day 7: Zermatt to Geneva (Free Travel)

Day 8: Geneva city and airport (50%) or free since I stay at Geneva hotel Is that correct?

And is there any other pass that is more suitable for my trip?

Thanks so much!!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 April 2016 at 7:10:07 #850404

Hi lindacroff, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I assume you have been looking into the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi. You can’t use that pass like you suggested, because the discount only applies after the first and before the last free travel day. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ howtouse.

I would suggest to consider either an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass, or a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi (for day 1, 2, and 7). Indeed free traveling in Geneva is available to hotel guests. Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 7:54:48 #850405

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought swiss flex combi can get me 50% for the whole month from the validation date maybe because i “literally” combine swiss flex with 1 month half price card. Sorry.

So, I think I want to buy the 4 day swiss travel pass flex combi. But im still confuse about 3 things.

First, if my traveling day is on day 1, 2, 5 and 7, i can only get 50% discount start on day 2 up to day 6 only right?

Secondly, im entitle to get 50% for Jungfraujoch journey if im going there not on my traveling day right?

Thirdly if im going to Jungfraujoch on my traveling day i will only get 25% right?

Thanks again.

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 April 2016 at 8:09:22 #850406

You’re welcome!

1) That’s correct.

2) Correct as well.

3) I’m 99% sure you will get the 50% discount on such a day as well. I never tried or asked but I would be surprised if it was not the case. You basically have a regular Swiss Half Fare Card for the entire duration of the pass. It’s just that the pass does not start until the first free travel day, and ends after the last free travel day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 8:15:07 #850407

That’s perfect!!

Thanks so much.

• The thread ‘Swiss Rail Pass Flex Combi; how does it work?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.