Swiss Transfer Ticket for traveling in 2 days time

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ogernandt
ogernandt
2 posts
Mar 1, 2016 - 4:08 PM

Hi,

I am going to Zermatt on Thursday (flying into Zurich). I went online to buy the transfer ticket but it looks like I am one day late as the earliest "start date" I can choose for the ticket is Friday.

Do you think I can buy a ticket with start date Friday and return date Monday and still travel there on the Thursday? Or will they make me buy another ticket on board/throw me off? I presume it is the same price it just won't let me choose Thursday..

Thanks,

Otto

Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
Mar 1, 2016 - 4:31 PM in reply to ogernandt

Hi Otto, welcome to MySwissAlps,

I'm afraid you're too late to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket for Thursday. You can't buy one for Friday and use it on Thursday. You can't buy it upon arrival either. You can buy a regular ticket or check whether Super Saver Tickets are still available and suit your requirements (they're for a fixed departure time and non-refundable). That could be a way to save some money.

ogernandt
ogernandt
2 posts
Mar 2, 2016 - 6:24 PM in reply to Arno

Ok, thanks a lot Arno!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019