Swiss Transfer Ticket for traveling in 2 days time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 16:08:20 #808516

Hi,

I am going to Zermatt on Thursday (flying into Zurich). I went online to buy the transfer ticket but it looks like I am one day late as the earliest “start date” I can choose for the ticket is Friday.

Do you think I can buy a ticket with start date Friday and return date Monday and still travel there on the Thursday? Or will they make me buy another ticket on board/throw me off? I presume it is the same price it just won’t let me choose Thursday..

Thanks,

Otto

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    1 March 2016 at 16:31:38 #848912

Hi Otto, welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’m afraid you’re too late to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket for Thursday. You can’t buy one for Friday and use it on Thursday. You can’t buy it upon arrival either. You can buy a regular ticket or check whether Super Saver Tickets are still available and suit your requirements (they’re for a fixed departure time and non-refundable). That could be a way to save some money.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2016 at 18:24:47 #848913

Ok, thanks a lot Arno!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket for traveling in 2 days time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.