Swiss Saver Flexi Pass bought in Apr valid in Oct?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2012 at 7:38:21 #805109

Hi,

We are family of 4 planning to visit Switzerland in the month of April… April 21st to 26th tentative.
    If we are not able to make it in April .. we want to postpone the trip to October 2012.

If i buy the swiss saver 2 for 1 pass now and if i won’t use it in the next 3 months can i utilize the same pass in October also.

my tentative itinerary is :

April 21th — zurich to lucerene and lucerne city tour
    April 22nd– Mt. Titlis / Pilatus trip… ( how much discount could i get for these trips)
    April 23rd — lucerene to chur and then catch Glacier express to Zermatt …
    April 24th– Leisure in Zermatt and dinner trip to Gornergrat
    April 25th — trip to Jungfrau … tentative
    April 26th — Zermatt to Zurich

Please suggest me the 4 days period in the above itinerary to utilize my swiss saver pass effectively… Also please let me know if my pass is not utilized can i use the same in the month of October/ November 2012

please do the needful.

thanks in advance,
    Revanth

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 March 2012 at 6:12:25 #835541

Hi Revanth,

I would recommend to first decide when you’ll be traveling, and then buy the pass. Your exact options depend on the reseller you wish to buy from. Some only sell the pass for Spring, while others allow you to buy for October already, but you do have to fill out the date while ordering. Please check the 2-for-1 topic for a complete overview of all the resellers, or check the Swiss Flexi Pass page: fill out your country, travelers and pass on the right to see the best resellers.

For your itinerary, I would use the 4 free travel days of the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass on April 21, 23, 25 and 26. You’ll get a 50% discount on mountain trips (Jungfrau: 25%).

For information about the several towns and hotels, please review this page.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2012 at 9:07:22 #835542

Hi Modarator,
    Thanks for the reply. It took me these many days to decide my trip. and sorry for my delay in response.

I am decided to go with the same itinerary. only change is to alter the plans for 24th and 25th . I am skipping Jungfrau.

April 22nd– Mt. Titlis / Pilatus trip… ( how much discount could i get for these trips)
    April 23rd — lucerene to chur and then catch Glacier express to Zermatt …
    April 24th– Leisure in Zermatt and dinner trip to Gornergrat
    April 25th — Leisure in Zermatt
    April 26th — Zermatt to Zurich

Is my Swiss saver pass vaild on zermatt– gornergrat train ? if not please suggest me for which dates i need to book swiss flexi pass.

i guess i dont have much time to order the tickets.

Based on your reply i can place an order for swiss passes tomorrow.

Appreciate your help.

cheers..
    Revanth

Annika
    7125 posts
    5 April 2012 at 17:53:58 #835543

Hi Revanth,

You’ll get a 50% discount on the Gornergrat train with your pass, regardless whether you do that trip on a free travel day or not.

To find the best reseller, please check the pages Arno linked to.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2012 at 0:46:35 #835544

Hi annika,

Thanks for the reply.

9th April ( today ) i placed order for swiss flexi passes from raileurope.co.in .. hope i will get the passes before 14th april as i am travelling to europe on 16th April 🙁
    My reservations on Galcier Express are not confirmed and my order for the same is on hold.
    Is there any chance that i can get GE express reservations at train stations in Switzerland ?

Anyway i am hoping for the best

cheers.

Annika
    7125 posts
    10 April 2012 at 4:31:29 #835545

Hi Revanth. Did you make seat reservations for the Glacier Express through Raileurope too? In that case, you can best contact them (or any other website you made your reservations) to ask for confirmation of your seat reservation. In case it didn’t work out, you can indeed try to book at a Swiss railway station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2012 at 5:49:34 #835546

Hi Annika,

Yes i made the reservations through RailEurope and i got the tickets and passes within oneday. 🙂

Appreciate your timely response for the queries.

is Mt. Titlis trip is a half day trip from Lucerne.
    Can you suggest timelines for the below two days please 🙂

April 22nd– Mt. Titlis / Pilatus trip…

Cheers..

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    11 April 2012 at 10:18:40 #835547

Hello Revanth,

You can check travelling times through the Swiss Timetable. The Lucerne page may be of help as well, and maybe you can get more information from the timetable at the Titlis Website and/or the Pilatus Website.
    Does this answer your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2012 at 23:17:12 #835548

Thanks Olga..
    Now i am more assured of my trip.

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver Flexi Pass bought in Apr valid in Oct?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.