Swiss Saver Flexi pass query

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2012 at 22:45:10 #805296

Hello,
    With your expert advice through a previous post of mine, I have decided to buy the 4 day Flexi pass.
    We will be in Switzerland for 5 days, but Arno suggested using day 3 as our 50% off day.
    There wil be 4 of us travelling, so we will be purchasing 2 x 4 day flexi passes.
    On day 5, the 4 of us will be travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich.
    Later that day 3 of us will be travelling to Zurich airport, while the 4th person will be travelling to the Austrian border (Buchs)
    Can I just clarify, that 2 of us will be able to travel to the airport using our flexi pass, but person 3 will need to pay the fare
    from Zurich to the aiport, as person 4 will be using the pass to travel to the border. Is my understanding of this correct?
    Also, we are going to purchase 1st class passes, do you think we will need to reserve any seating for travel in September?

Many thanks, once again for your valuable advice.
    jkmunchy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    27 May 2012 at 4:49:45 #836208

Hello jkmunchy! I’m glad the forum was able to help you to pick the right pass. Now, as for your question: if you’re ordering 2 Swiss Saver Flexi Passes, each for 2 members of your group, then yes, you’ve understood this correctly. It’s indeed best to have 2 of you use the pass to get to Zurich Airport, the 3rd person travel to Buchs, and the 4th person buy regular tickets to Zurich Airport (which is a very short and thus inexpensive train ride).

September is no longer high season, but there will still be quite some tourists. However, most train rides don’t require seat reservations, especially not in first class. Only special panoramic trains require you to book seats in advance. The timetable will indicate the expected occupancy for each train, as explained in this forum topic.

I’ll remove your similar question in the 2 for 1 topic, as we prefer the same question to be posted only once. I saw you were a bit unsure where to post your question, but you did fine creating a new topic for it, as it’s not closely related to the original 2 for 1 info :-).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2012 at 5:15:42 #836209

Thank you Annika

all you advice has been very much appreciated, it certainly gives us peace of mind knowing
    there is somewhere we can ask questions when unsure about things.

Looking forward to putting it all into practice.

Best wishes to you all for doing such a great job

Jkmunchy

• The thread ‘Swiss Saver Flexi pass query’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.