Swiss Travel Flex Pass & HappyRail delivery method

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 1:36:37 #818544

Hi all!

First time posting here. I just booked 2x 4-days Swiss Travel Flex passes from HappyRail and I made the wrong assumption that the passes would be delivered by email. As soon as I saw the purchase confirmation page and email, I immediately contacted HappyRail to see if a refund is possible.

Would you suggest I wait to see what options HappyRail is going to offer or do you think I should just buy another set of passes somewhere else in the meantime and sort out with them after? Our first Swiss city with be Lucerne via Chiasso (from Milan) on Oct 2nd 2018.

Cheers and thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 7:58:59 #897028

Hi CLeung and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the STP Flex has to be mailed physically to you (the regular Swiss Travel Pass – consecutive days) can be emailed. http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex

There is no option to get that pass emailed to you. How long did they quote for shipping time? If it takes too long you’ll need to cancel (15% charge from Swiss railways) and then buy upon arrival in Switzerland

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2018 at 12:35:51 #897029

Thank you for your quick reply Lucas! I wasn’t quoted a shipping time but perhaps that’s because I chose eDelivery during the option? Kinda weird that I was able to select that option even though I selected Flex pass (e.g. not removed from the drop list)…

Anyhow, do you know if HappyRail will still apply the 15% charge even though they haven’t processed the order yet?

Cheers!

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 September 2018 at 13:02:56 #897030

Hi Cleung,

Delivery time to Canada is 2-15 days. Closer to 2 than 15 I’d say, but you’ll need to take the 15 days into account to be sure. They might be able to cancel for free if they haven’t issued the pass yet, but that’s their call. Their helpdesk works on Saturdays so I expect you to get a reply today.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Flex Pass & HappyRail delivery method’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.