4-day Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 November 2016 at 12:30:04 #810392

Hi

appreciate some help here, thanks in advance!

we are from Singapore and landing in Zurich on 26 dec. would be taking train to main city center and from there check in to hotel.

We have plans to travel to:

1) Zurich to Basel

2) Basel to Bern

3) Bern to Zurich

4) Zurich to Geneva return trip

5) Zurich to Interlaken return trip

would it make sense to purchase the Swiss travel pass of 4 days? Or the half fare card?

thanks so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2016 at 12:46:15 #857226

Hi Adeo2, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A Swiss Half Fare Card will definitely be cheaper than regular tickets. A Swiss Travel Pass is more convenient as you don’t have to buy tickets for each trip, and it also includes many museums. You should do the math to be sure which option is cheaper. The below pages offer all the details:

Is this a business or leisure trip? I noticed you only included cities in your itinerary, and no mountains. If this is your first trip to Switzerland as a tourist, I’d recommend to visit at least one or two mountains. Note that there is not much to see in Interlaken. The surrounding area, including the Jungfrau region, is wonderful though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 November 2016 at 13:23:39 #857227

Thanks for the tips. We have previously visited Lucern and Mt Titlis which was beautiful and magical. Which other mountain would you recommend,

And could you advise if the routes mentioned in my earlier email is fully covered by Swiss Travel Pass? This will be a leisure trip and we are flying out on 31 dec.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2016 at 13:43:10 #857228

You’re welcome!

Please see the mountain link I gave you for recommended day trips. All of them are wonderful, but some are summer trips only. Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn are options, as well as Mount Rigi (free with Swiss Travel Pass) and Pilatus (free with Swiss Travel Pass as of January 1, 2017).

Yes, all trips are fully covered. Please see the Swiss Travel Pass page I linked to, and click to the “Where it’s valid” tab.

• The thread ‘4-day Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.