Swiss Travel Pass coverage and where to buy

Swiss Travel Pass coverage and where to buy

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
lolly
lolly
2 posts
Aug 27, 2017 - 4:10 PM

Hi,

Thanks to admin for approving my joining. I am a newbie here.

I would like to inquire in regards to Swiss Travel Pass. I will be arriving Basel on 19 September 2017.

My Question:

1. Is there a Swiss Travel Pass ticket counter at Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg Airport where i can purchase the ticket?

2. Can i use the Swiss Travel Pass from Basel SBB station to Interlaken station?

3. Do i need to book the ticket in advance for Basel SBB Station to Interlaken Station?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers....!!!

Lucas
Lucas
3080 posts
expert &
Aug 27, 2017 - 5:08 PM in reply to lolly

Hi Lolly and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, there is a Swiss railways office (SBB) at Basel airport where you can buy a Swiss Travel Pass.
    It would be simpler to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online, and have it emailed to you for printing at home. This way you have it already and can go straight to the airport bus to Basel (no need to wait in line at the office).
  2. Yes, it is valid on almost every route in Switzerland - read more about where it is valid (with a PDF map) here.
  3. No, reservations are not needed or often possible on most trains in Switzerland. The exception are the panoramic trains, where reservations are mandatory.

Cheers!
Lucas

lolly
lolly
2 posts
Aug 28, 2017 - 4:49 PM

Hi Lucas,

Thanks so much for your detailed explanation. Really appreciate.

Cheers...!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017