Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2016 at 0:52:49 #809921

Sorry if this is a redundant post, but I couldn’t find the answer in the forum. My wife and I will be traveling to Switzerland with our children ages 13 and 15 in October. I plan on purchasing the swiss travel pass for my wife and I. We will also get the family card for the children. Here are my questions.

1. On discounted railways or cable cars do I need to buy tickets for the children or will they travel free with our discounted ticket? For example a ticket From Wengen to Jungfraujoch

2. Are they able to travel on city buses and metro with us in Zurich and Lausanne?

3. Are they able to enter the free museums that are included on the card like the Broc Chocolate factory?

Thanks for your help

Richard

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 August 2016 at 7:17:11 #855248

Hi Richard,

1. You don’t need anything for the children.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

You can print the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card at home so you can travel immediately upon arrival: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.