Swiss Travel Pass and Saver Day Pass

Participant
    1 post
    8 September 2022 at 13:26:49 #828291

Greetings.

I will be using a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass from October 4 to 18. As a tourist, can I purchase a Saver Day Pass on the SBB App for travel on October 19 from Sierre (Canton Valais) to Zürich Flughafen? Will the same Saver Day Pass give me flexible and unlimited travel on main line trains and buses on that day like the Swiss Travel Pass? Your information is appreciated.

Andrés

• Removed user
    Participant
    72632 posts
    8 September 2022 at 13:39:46 #946596

Yes.

At one time the Saver Day pass was a perk only available to holders of Swiss Half Fare Card, but since a few years ago, anyone can purchase a Saver Day pass at any time.

Yes, you are correct – a Saver Day Pass acts a ‘go anywhere’ aka ‘rover’ ticket for the whole of the core network of the so called ‘Swiss Travel System’

Just a reminder of the basics of the Saver Day Pass:

1) it is valid for free, ‘ride at will’ travel on all the ‘main routes’ ie not on the mountain railways, cableways etc to high altitude pure tourist destinations.

2) depending on time available, you can use a SDP to take a circular route of your choice from any origin to any destination.

So, in your case you would be free to travel Sierre to Zurich airport via as far east as Chur or as far north as Basel or Schaffhausen, before aiming for Zurich

Stay informed and inspired with the latest forum discussions e-mailed to you every day. Valuable questions and answers to help with your travel planning.

Removed user
    Participant
    72632 posts
    8 September 2022 at 13:41:46 #946597

Hi Andrés and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

If you choose the route (Sierre – Zurich Airport), and the Saver Day Pass is the best option, it will offer for you.

Usually I buy our Saver Day Passes via happyrail.com, I’ve found that it is usually a 1-2 CHF cheaper 🙂

The validity area is the same, it doesn’t matter where you buy it, see the map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/validity.

Take care,

Ildiko

MySwissAlps.com recommends reading this: How to use your Swiss Travel Pass

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and Saver Day Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11440 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.