Swiss Travel Pass and/or Jungfrau Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2017 at 15:56:08 #812316

Hi I am James and I am visiting Switzerland for 8D7N in August. I am deciding whether to get the 8day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for a couple of days and then use it together with the Jungfrau pass for the visits to Wengen, Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. Please advise? Thank you so much in advance!

This is my itinerary:

• Day 1: Zurich and the Rhine Falls (Staying in Zurich)
    • Day 2: Zurich to Luzern. Visit to Mt Pilatus (Staying in Luzern)
    • Day 3: Visit to Mt Titlis. Luzern to Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and Wengen
    • Day 4: Wengen to Jungfraujoch. Hiking from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheigg after Jungfraujoch
    • Day 5: Wengen to Grindelwald to First and Pfingstegg. (Days 3-5 staying at Wengen)
    • Day 6: Wengen to Zermatt. Visit to the Gornergrat (Staying in Zermatt)
    • Day 7: Zermatt to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Zermatt to Blauherd for the 5 lakes trail. Zermatt to Montreux.
    • Day 8: Montreux to Geneva
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 June 2017 at 16:24:32 #865371

Hi James,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps! My first thought is that an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is probably the cheapest option. Buying two passes is quite expensive. It can work, but often it does not. An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass costs CHF 376. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex and a 3-day Jungfrau Travel Pass cost CHF 478, and then you still need regular tickets for day 1 or 8. And Pfingstegg is not included in the Jungfrau Travel Pass but the Swiss Travel Pass gets you a discount.

I recommend to take a good look at the passes (particularly the coverage maps) and do the math. The below pages provide all information you need:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2017 at 16:59:53 #865372

Thank you for your help Arno! You are a great help!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and/or Jungfrau Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.