Swiss Travel Pass and/or Jungfrau Travel Pass?

Swiss Travel Pass and/or Jungfrau Travel Pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jamess
jamess
2 posts
Jun 18, 2017 - 3:56 PM

Hi I am James and I am visiting Switzerland for 8D7N in August. I am deciding whether to get the 8day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for a couple of days and then use it together with the Jungfrau pass for the visits to Wengen, Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. Please advise? Thank you so much in advance!

This is my itinerary:

• Day 1: Zurich and the Rhine Falls (Staying in Zurich)
  • Day 2: Zurich to Luzern. Visit to Mt Pilatus (Staying in Luzern)
  • Day 3: Visit to Mt Titlis. Luzern to Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and Wengen
  • Day 4: Wengen to Jungfraujoch. Hiking from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheigg after Jungfraujoch
  • Day 5: Wengen to Grindelwald to First and Pfingstegg. (Days 3-5 staying at Wengen)
  • Day 6: Wengen to Zermatt. Visit to the Gornergrat (Staying in Zermatt)
  • Day 7: Zermatt to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Zermatt to Blauherd for the 5 lakes trail. Zermatt to Montreux.
  • Day 8: Montreux to Geneva
Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2017 - 4:24 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps! My first thought is that an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is probably the cheapest option. Buying two passes is quite expensive. It can work, but often it does not. An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass costs CHF 376. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex and a 3-day Jungfrau Travel Pass cost CHF 478, and then you still need regular tickets for day 1 or 8. And Pfingstegg is not included in the Jungfrau Travel Pass but the Swiss Travel Pass gets you a discount.

I recommend to take a good look at the passes (particularly the coverage maps) and do the math. The below pages provide all information you need:

jamess
jamess
2 posts
Jun 18, 2017 - 4:59 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you for your help Arno! You are a great help!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017