Swiss Travel Pass discount for trip in June?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2018 at 21:27:54 #813969

Hi I am staying in Switzerland with family 2 Adult and 16 year young for 11 days and planning to use train everywhere using Swiss Travel Pass (15 days) in end of June. They ever offer some kind of discount in any period/season or stay same so I can go ahead and buy it.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 January 2018 at 23:48:13 #873775

Hi neelpatel and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Yes discount offers sometimes occur in the between season period. Don’t be in a rush to buy they don’t run out and you don’t have to have the pass before making reservations (if you need such on panoramic trains for example).

Any special deals will get announced on this forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 2:05:36 #873776

thank you Rockoyster. I will wait for pass and make reservation for Glacier express (Zermatt-Chur) and Golden pass route (Lucern-Interlaken) as you mention doesn’t required pass, just pay for reservation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 January 2018 at 9:39:10 #873777

Hi Rakubha,

Last year I think it was in March/April, but we can’t say for sure if there will be again. As per rockoyster’s note any special deals will get announced on this forum. Alternatively you can check our promotions page here for updates. If you are buying the Swiss Travel Pass online, you can wait until a week before travel as it will be emailed to you to print at home (they say to give yourself 3 days for the order but it is usually instantaneous).

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass discount for trip in June?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.